We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2022. For best consideration, please apply by March 28, 2022.
BEMORE Application Form
A list of the application questions and materials is available to help you plan your application. Applications will only be accepted through the online form:
REU participants will receive a $600/week stipend ($6000 for the full 10-week program).
The BEMORE REU program runs for 10 weeks every summer. For 2022, the program will start on June 1, 2022 and end on August 10, 2022.
The program will be based in the Engineering Building on the UMBC campus, although students will also work in other buildings. All REU participants will be housed (for free) on campus.
Students from all majors will be considered for this program. Students with research interests in biochemical, environmental, or chemical engineering and/or the chemical, biological, or environmental sciences are especially encouraged to apply. We particularly encourage applications from women, members of demographic groups underrepresented in biochemical and environmental engineering (e.g., African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanics or Chicanos/Latinos, and Native Americans), people with disabilities, and students from community colleges or institutions that do not offer research opportunities for undergraduates. In addition, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be currently registered at a two- or four-year college or university
- You must be a US Citizen or permanent resident in order to receive NSF funding
Any questions about eligibility can be sent to email@example.com
The following application materials will be requested:
- Personal information – name, contact details, demographics, current institution and major
- Resume – 1-2 pages
- Personal statement – describe your educational background, professional goals, commitment to diversity and inclusion, and how you want to “be more”
- Two letters of recommendation – please ask your recommenders to send their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project preference – check the Projects page for more details
- Current transcript – unofficial transcripts are acceptable
When you are ready to apply, please complete the BEMORE Application