Biochemical, Environmental, and MOlecular Research in Engineering (BEMORE)
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
During the summer experince, BEMORE REU student trainees will:
- address knowledge gaps, develop new technologies, and bring unique perspectives to complex problems in biochemical and environmental engineering and science.
- gain the interdisciplinary knowledge, skills, and training to address a variety of grand challenges, including antibiotic resistance, sustainable plastic replacements, smart polymers, urban air quality, bio-based sensors, and more.
After their summer experience at UMBC, BEMORE REU student trainees will “be more”:
- prepared to conduct interdisciplinary research
- confident in their abilities as early-career researchers
- equipped with the discipline-specific and interdisciplinary knowledge and skills needed to address grand challenges
- capable of communicating their work to various audiences and stakeholders
- informed about career options in their current field and complementary fields
- connected to mentors and other scientists/engineers who can provide career advice and success strategies
The BEMORE REU program is supported by the National Science Foundation Award (#2050728). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed by the BEMORE participants are their own do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.